Edward
Edward, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Small and large Appliance Technician, Electronic Tech., Handyman, 40+ years ex
3134513

my Maytag top load washer model HAV4657AWW was in the spin

Customer Question

my Maytag top load washer model HAV4657AWW was in the spin cycle when it became noisy and it smelled like burning rubber
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. From the information you have provided the belt will need to be replaced. Click here for information on how to replace the belt. Another possibility is pump failure. Click here for information on replacing the pump. It is likely the belt needs to be replaced.

Should you require further information or clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Note: If the icons or other text makes the page unreadable please refresh the page. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how to access the belt?
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

Tilt the washer at a 45° angle and you will see the belt under the washer. The belt is part number 30 in the diagram below.

graphic

Regards,

Edward