Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

How do I remove the one piece rear cabinet panel , or get to

Customer Question

How do I remove the one piece rear cabinet panel , or get to the inside guts, of a Kenmore 80 Series clothes washing machine to check on a water leak? I have removed the rear screws however there are two brass colored clips at the rear of the control panel section that are unmovable to release the rear panel. Is it possible the whole cabinet must be removed, and how? THANKS!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

The caps on the side of the control panel need to be removed. They have clips that you have to get under and pry out.

Here's more on how to do that. One of our experts put this up so that you can see everything easily.

YouTube - Whirlpool Kenmore Washer Cabinet Removal

Let me know if you would like more information.

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Actually, the "caps" on the "side" of the control panel do not remove. The utub video showed that two front screws at the bottom front corners of the contol panel needed to be removed(older machine). I found two small "clips" under the front corners of the control panel by using a flat-head screwdriver and prying up at the corners of the control panel slightly and pusing in at the small clips that than opened the whole control panel. That then gave me access to the "two big brass colored clips" that were holding/locking the rear panel in place!! Super!!! Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX was therefore helpful and was in fact worth the $9.00 charge!!!

HiCustomer

Good work! They have made many different versions of these over the years. The one most people have dificulty with is the one you need to pry off the side caps for. I guessed (wrongly) that you had that one.

Thank you for the "accept".

bernie