Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The spin cycle on my Kenmore 80 washer stopped working. Wash

The spin cycle on my Kenmore 80 washer stopped working. Wash cycle seems fine. Can I fix this myself?
its probably your lid switch. look at switch its located where the little post on your lid goes through the hole in top. if the switch is hanging down you need to replace. if its not take a pencil and while machine is in spin on timer push down on switch and see if it starts spinning. let me know Bryan
ypur timer ilst for around $125.00 but if you click this link this guy can get remanufactured timers for allot less and he ships directly to you, you have to call him though he doesnt have parts on website but its worth it ! he can save you money even one new one. just call and give him model # XXXXX he will do the rest ,very simple and great people. hers the link. hope this helps Bryan
sorry disregard that reply. sent to wrong preson sorry Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Does this reply thing work? We replied twice, asking how we replace the lid switch. How do I get at it? Do we have to take the back off the machine or the top or what?
yor lid switch is located where the little post on your lid comes down through the hole in to of machine there are two screws going into it through the side .you have to pull the head (control panel) where your switch are up top and tip the head back to get at the plug this switch goes into. I need model # XXXXX tell you how to do this and look up switch, pick up lid and look towards the back and there should be a tag , let me know so I can help further. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you, Bryan. The model number is XXXXX I could really use help on how to pull the head. I found that two pieces of plastic molding on either end of the head popped off. The back of the machine seems like a solid piece of metal up through the top of the head, so I'm not sure it will swivel. Let me know. I do appreciate it. Serial number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNin case you need it.
heres your lid switch ,check this first I bet thats your problem . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It's definitely the lid switch. The switch works, but the plastic that secures it, where two screws go in, has broken so it dropped down. Now I'll go to my country place and see if I can get the top off to get at it before I order a new one. Thanks again.
thats very common on this , when you shut lid let it down easy and this will help prevent this from happening again, thanks for accept please leave feedback if possible, thanks again Bryan