Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

WHAT CAUSES MY ROPER WASHER NOT SHUT OFF THE WATER WHEN IT

Customer Question

WHAT CAUSES MY ROPER WASHER NOT SHUT OFF THE WATER WHEN IT IS SUPPOSED TOO AT THE WATER LEVEL SETTING, THE WATER JUST KEEPS RUNNING OUT ALL OVER THE FLOOR, 2 YR. OLD WASHER....PLEASE HELLLP ME WITH WHAT TO DO.. THANKS LARRY   XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
can you tell me if you push the knob in does the water stop or do you have to shut the water faucet's off to get it to stop filling? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
PUSHING THE KNOB IN IS THE WAY I SHUT THE WATER FROM RUNNING, THAN I HAVE TO TURN KNOB SLOWLY TO GET THE AGGITATE CYCLE AND TO PUMP OR SPIN OUT THE WATER, THIS IS ABOUT THE BEST THAT I CAN EXPLAIN, THANKS LARRY
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HELP PLEEEESE..........ON MY ROPER WASING MACHINE....LARRY
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
STILL WAITING...THANKS, XXXXX XXXXX HELP ME,,,THANKS CODE606
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
PLEEEEEESE LET ME KNOW SOMETHING ON MY 2 YR. OLD ROPER WASHER, WHY WONT THE WATER FILL TO ITS LEVEL LOW MED ETC, BUT THE WATER KEEPS RUNNING AND WILL NOT SHUT OFF AND GETS THE FLOOR VERY WET, THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THIS IS TO PUSH IN KNOB AS I HAVE SAID EARLIER, PLEEEEZE HELP ME SOON, THANKS LARRY XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok it sounds like the water level house is eather clogged or you have a bad water level control, the other thing is the the little rubber hose that runs from bottom side of your tub to the water level control has come off on one side eather off tub or off water level control. check to make sure its on and not pinched or clogged, I'll look up diagram for you after I eat dinner, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO, THAT IS NOT THE ANSWER...HOSE TO CONTROL KNOB TO TUB ARE ON AN OK...LARRY HELP?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
this must have a bad water level control if you push the knob in and the water stops its not the valve. either that or you have a bad timer but more than likely bad water level control. can you get me full model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I AM NOT AT THE MACHINE NOW, BUT BOUGHT IT AT BEST BUY 2 YR AGO, PAID 249.95 . NOT ON SALE, BUT HOW MUCH APPROX. WOULD A CONTROL KNOB AND WATER LEVEL KNOB COST....LARRU
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I realy neede model # XXXXX tell you price but they can run from 30-80 dollars not sure but I think yours is probably on lower end of that price range. if you can get me model tomorrow I will check for you . thanks Bryan