Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore Elite H3 washer that is 3 years old and has

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite H3 washer that is 3 years old and has had no problems until last night when I washed a really big heavy load and it started beeping and flashing F11. I was able to get it to limp through the cycle by restarting it a few times but it keeps doing that just after a cycle starts. I can't get a hold of anyone at Kenmore to help me and my husband is very handy so if I could know what to do he could probably fix it. Any help would be most greatly appreciated. I have two small sons that generate a lot of laundry so I can't afford to not have my machine working!!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
let me check that code.I'll get back to you shortly. Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Great thank you very much!!!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you give me model# ? this machine could be made by allot of dffirent company's I need the full model # XXXXX see who made it. the number will start with 110. or 106. or three other #'s let me know Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The model # XXXXX and the serial # XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Did you get the model #? It looks like x's to me so I wasn't sure. If not let me know and I will resend. It isXXXXXXXXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
no it did not come through all xx"s, please resend or just give me first three numbers. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the first three numbers are 110.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
does that help?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes, I'll get back to you shortly. Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok this code means a communications error in machine control, most of the time its a loose plug on one of your boards it also say there is no definitive answer as to which plug or which board in particular its on, thats all they tell us, these machines are nightmares to repair but I would try unplugging one at a time and plug them back in and see if that works, take top cover off to find the boards there is also one in the bottom left hand corner in the back of machine take back off to get to this one. I wish I could be more help but thats all it says to do. be carefull not to break plugs when attempting this. well wishes and I hope you can find problem. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your help. Do you know where we can find a repair manual?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
let me check ,Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well I can tell you there is a tech sheet in machine ,I believe its right in front if you take bottom cover under door off. it should be on right side in a plastic bag taped to side, you may have to tip machine back to see the screws holding front cover on. also you can click here http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/index.action and look down the right side of page and there is a link for manuals but I dont know if they have yours or not, hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so much for your help. I truly appreciate it!!!!Smile
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
your very welcome and good luck, if you get a minute feedback is appreciated, thanks again Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
One other quick thing. what does dL mean? It just flashed that at me after the F. Is that for the delay cycle? I have water in the washer but I can't get it to run to get it out it keeps getting mad and beeping and then keeping the door locked so it takes me forever to get it to unlock.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
dl means door lock. you may have a problem with the door lock wiring or door lock itself. cant say for sure. its hard enough to diagnose these in person never mind on line. check all your wiring plugs somethings loose somewhere. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you. we will check all the wiring.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
okay thanks bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Bryan, sorry me again. I ended up running the overview test program that is on the diagram that you told me about from in the washer. It ran fine until step 7 where the drum is supposed to rotate counterclockwise. In step 4 it rotated clockwise fine but when it got to 7 it gave the error message F11 again. It says to check the Motor and the Motor Control. Do you have any suggestions as to what you think it is? Could there be something wrong with the motor that it spins fine one way but not the other? If so do you know where to find parts? Thanks so much for your help.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well the best thing I can tell you to do is call applinace parts center i'll include that link the times on link are eastern standard times. this guy knows just about everything and if you tell him whats happening he will probably know what you need to replace they are great to work with and can send parts right away.link http://www.apconline.com/ let me know what he says. thanks Bryan