Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my maytag neptune washer is not draining. it shuts down when

Customer Question

my maytag neptune washer is not draining. it shuts down when it says 7 minutes left on the cycle. what part could it need?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you tell me if the lock light is on,also can you get me model #? Thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
hi. the lock light is on, untill it says, "0" minutes left, just like a normal load. model#MAH5500BWW thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
let me see what I can find out. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you more than likely have something stuck in drain pump. you have to take front panel off to check the pump there are screws on each side when you open door (8) 4 hold door on and on the other side 4 screws take the ones out of door and lift door up off machine and remove take the other side screws out and the use a screwdriver to pry from sides to remove panel. click here to see your pump . you have to take drain hoses off to get whatever is in pump out. get lots of towels ,I usually tip machine back and get as much water out off tub first. http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=1033134&PPStack=1 let me know Bryan