Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i havea frigidaire refrig. and my power went off yesterday.

i havea frigidaire refrig. and my power went off yesterday. now the temp. lights for the frig are blinking and my freezer stuff is thawing out fast and the stuff in the frig is getting warm. FYI the light comes on when i open the door. i try to turn the temp colder but it keeps going back down to 4 and blinking. is there a reset button or something?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
sounds like the power outage may have blown your compressor start relay, do you hear any clicking or buzzing comming from behind ref. down by the compressor? pull ref. away from wall and listen for about 5-7 minutes. let me know Bryan. please include model #. thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

model # XXXXX

i listened for about 5 minutes and did hear a noise but it wasn't really a click and it was only once after about 5 minutes HELP

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
sounds like you need to replace the compressor relay can you get me the full model # XXXXX dont think theres enough numbers in what you gave me , look inside ref. section on the sides or roof and it should be on a white or silver tag. let me Know Bryan