Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer WFW8300SW01 that stopped

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer WFW8300SW01 that stopped during the wash cycle, flashing code F-28. I tried the trouble shooting tips and all failed. The door is locked and won't open no matter what. I unplugged the machine, waited and tried the troubleshooting tips again to no avail. My clothes have been locked in the machine for 3 days now and I need them for work. I used a laundramat for 2 and 1/2 years after Katrina and will do so again, if I could just get the door opened.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
if you take the bottom panel of you can reach up inside and pull the emergency door latch opener. I'll try and send you a picture of lock assembly so you know what to pull to open, I'll get back to you shortly, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
click on this link. http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/model-display.php and look at part 3 on diagram you can see round pull thing on the bottom thats what you pull down to release door lock .then get back to me and we will see what may have caused problem .thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I'm a little confused on how to use this site. I clicked on 2nd box for link and diagram but the link was expired?...

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/model-display.php and look at part 3 on diagram you can see round pull thing on the bottom thats what you pull down to release door lock .then get back to me and we will see what may have caused problem .thanks Bryan  Picturea1speedyappliance (Offline) -- Home Appliance Technician -- 100% Positive Feedback on 487 Appliance Accepts
i own and operate a 1 speedy appliance here in tennessee.i am a certified appliance technician Accept Answer? Yes ?

do I need to have strong hands to pull down the release? I did manage to get the bottom off after raising up the front end.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok let me try again, take the bottom panel off machine in front. there will be three screws along the very bottom if you tip mnaschine back a little you will see them. once thats off you can reach up to where you door llock is inside and you will feel a little round piece sticking downit has a hole in it . pull down on this ring and the door will unlock.also while you have bottom panel off there should be a tech sheet in a plastic bag somewhere on the side with tech data that may help you find your problem. let me know Bryan