Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a neptune electric dryer. It has worked great until

Customer Question

I have a neptune electric dryer. It has worked great until now. The start button seems to have a problem Sometimes when I push the start button the moisture monitor lights up and it sounds like it is trying to tumble. Other times the moisture monitor doesn't light up and nothing happens. Occasionally it will work. This problem just started 9/20/08.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
do you hear a buzz sound sometimes when you try to start it? does the drum turn by hand pretty easy? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Yes it does buzz most of the time and I can turn it by hand with a little effort. Thanks for your help so far. What does it need to work again? Can my friend get the part and install it? He is pretty mechanical.

Thanks again,

Cheryl

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
sounds like you have a bad motor or motor is going, Usually this is the problem, the buzz you hear is the motor start windings. try opening door and have someone hold door button in and push start and spin drum by hand if it starts then you need a new motor. clicck here for best prices around. just give him model# XXXXX he will do the rest ,ship it right to your door. let me send that info to you in a minute. Thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
heres that site. http://www.apconline.com/ these guys are great and ship immediately even as your on the phone with them! hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks so much. I called them and the motor is $90. How hard is it to install? And, should I replace it or get a new dryer. This one is 11 years old

Cheryl

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well there kinda difficult to install but you could probably do it with my help. I'll have to look up model and figure out best way to explain it to you , tonights not good for me but I'll look up tomorrow for you , just hang in there. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks so much for your help. I will be out most of tomorrow but I would like my friend to talk with you.

I made a mistake and checked accepted to your initial response, so I'll have to work that out so I can give you a great rating. Your help was invaluable.

Thanks again,

Cheryl

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok just get back to me, and I'll help you, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
when you get a chance can you get full model# XXXXX me so I can look up and see how you should install motor? tahnks Bryuan