Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a 2 yr old whirlpool duet sport model # XXXXX

Customer Question

I have a 2 yr old whirlpool duet sport model # XXXXX The machine works fine through the majority of the wash cycle, as it washes and drains etc. However, when it's time for the final spin, it doesn't spin, just sits there - although I can hear the pump running. When the wash cycle is complete, I get an F01 error code. My wife continues to use the washer, as she hangs the soaked clothes on the clothes line. Occasionaly, the spin cycle runs through. I've also been able to get it to spin with no clothes in the drum. I cleaned the pump filter (amazing what I found in there) and read the tech manual on the F01 code. Possible causes are EEPROM Error / Pump Drive Error / Main Relays Error. The recommend a Central Control Unit (CCU) replacement $170 part. But from what I read, that may or may not be the fix. Need some advice.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
these machines are trouble, its hard to say whether the control board will fix the problem. you may replace it and it wont work right still.I would recommend calling for service because its allot of money to spend and find out your wrong , check you door switch before calling for service there is a little black pin that sticks out at the top of the switch asm. on the machine itself not the door and make sure its not broken off , there real flimsy and break easy. hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
When the machine reaches the spin cycle, sometimes it will spin through normaly, with no error code when finished. My wife ran a load of jeans yesterday and the machine ran normarly. Tonight my son ran a load and the machine did not spin. We put the machine on the drain and spin cycle, and it ran normarly with no code. Any idea what could be causing this?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
it sounds like it may be the board . sometimes these boards get confused so to say and don't get the signal to go to spin.they have computer chips like everything else today very unreliable. could also be bad relay on board but you cant change just the relay. you have to replace board it sounds like .really without being there its hard to say and very difficult to test, as much as it is you may have to get one. go to and tomorrow call this guy he may have it cheaper than most places . the times are eastern standard time, wish I could do more , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Okay, I'll give him a call. Thanks Bryan.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
let me know, thanks Bryan