Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my Whirpool dryer model lgr5636eqo does not heat drum spins

my Whirpool dryer model lgr5636eqo does not heat drum spins but no heat have tried timer and ignitor still no heat
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
is the ignitor glowing? if it is you may have a bad flame sensor. let me check model thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no it is not
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok , have you checked your thermostats.? do you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity? I think you may have a bad thermostat. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i do have a volt meter but have not checked themostats
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok we have to do this a diffirent way then. first thing to do is shut gas off to dryer, can you get behind dryer? you need to remove back panel. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok done
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

these are the parts we need to check , one at a time. 1, 2 Part 2926 3 let me know if you have back panel off. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok got panel off
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
do you have the front off and the drum out. we need to jump thermostats to see if we can get the ignitor to come on. once we do this whichever one you jumped out and the ignitor comes on thats the one you need to replace. you already replaced ignitor so you have had the front off before. you will need to check the thermostat on the burner cone just above the ignitor. I think this could be bad. this is #2 picture. but you need front off also. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
got front off and drum out
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
found one thremostat on back do you want me to short wires together
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok you shut the gas off right? now you need to jump the door switch so we can test. do you have some wire? this is just for testing not to be left to run like this. these are safety thermostats and need to be replaced before using machine. you may ba able to keep door switch plugged in and just move front to the side. do you see thermostat on top of burner asm.? you need to take the two wires off the thermostat and put them together. make sure they dont ground out on any metal.then plug machine in and set to high heat timed dry and start machine .if the ignitor starts to come on then this thermostat is bad. replace and put machine back together. do you hear a click from gas valve when you push start? let me know Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yes make sure dryer is unplugged while doing this then plug back in to test ,just dont let them touch ground. I have to go out and fix an oven but I have computer in truck and will check back with you shortly. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok I'm in my truck and back on line did you test yet?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I heard a click but I tought it was comming for motor starting. disconnected valve and still heard click. thanks matt.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok the click is normal and a good sign, did you jump thermostat and try? what do you mean by disconeected valve? the wires or gas supply? dont disconect wires. from valve. just jump thermostat and test.Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i tested threm above ignitor, and one on back shutte on left side looking from the front two red wires
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i tested threm above ignitor, and one on back shutte on left side looking from the front two red wires. the click was not from the gas valve.matt
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
what happend ? did the ignitor light?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no but can't find last threm
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i shorted the wire for the thermal fuse and it work.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
there you go, thats the only way to test without meter, usually when the thermal fuse blows the dryer wont start at all but not on all models so we would have gotten to that eventually , hope I was helpful, if your happy please press accept. please don't run dryer with this jumped out it could cause a fire. check your vent real good thats usually the cause for this to blow. thanks Bryan, and if you have a minute please leave feedback . thanks again Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.