Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an Amana TX22R3L refridgerator. What is the best method

I have an Amana TX22R3L refridgerator. What is the best method to reverse how the doors open?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
let me check your model thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well you have to remove the doors and switch the hinges and door handles to the other side and put everything back on. start with taking freezer door of top hinge first, lift it off the bottom hinge. then take center hinge off and lift bottom door off bottom hinge. don't loose any spacers or washers. the remove bottom hinge from ref. and put it on other there will be hole in door on the other side ( there may be plastic caps covering them) place door back on hinge on the other side and put center hinge on that side ( you may have to remove screws on other side) reverse the handle to other side of doors and put top door back on and and the screws back in. there may be plastic pieces in the hole in door where hinges go in make sure you pop these out and put them in other side of doors before putting doors back on. thats all I can tell you , once you get top door off you will see how they sit. don't take inside parts off doors like gaskets or liners. hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you. That helps. I knew most of it but I wanted to make sure I did everything in the best order.

Thank you