Tech Michael
Tech Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years exp. repairing all types of home appliances, Computer repair

I have a two year old Maytag Heavy Duty Quiet Series 100 Super

Customer Question

I have a two year old Maytag Heavy Duty Quiet Series 100 Super Size 12 Cycles dryer. Model MDET446AYW Serial XXXXXXXXXX. The dryer heats ok, the drum is not binding, the motor doesn't overheat, the exhaust is not plugged. When I start the dryer it shuts itself off after about 15 seconds. When it turns itself off all the lights on the control knob flash.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tech Michael replied 5 years ago.

It sounds like the main control has gone bad.
It could be a sensor? But I doubt it.
Try unplugging it for a while, see if this clears the problem, probably not but give it a try.
I really suspect the main control.
I hope this is helpful and if you have any further questions please feel free to ask me,
Im here to help;-)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried unplugging several times ... even let it set a few days before plugging back in ... would that confirm to you that the printed circuit board needs to be replaced and it is not a sensor?

Pretty much, unfortunatly yes I would change it out.
You can get one from Cashwell Appliance parts. Do a web search on them, they are reliable cost effective. Just have the model # XXXXX:-)
I hope I have been helpful to you, if you need more info Im here to help!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you point me to a repair manual on the web that tells how to access and the board? in other words ... do I access the board from the front, back etc ...

Unfortunatly I cant, but it is easy to change.
It is the board that has the lights and buttons.
Just find the screws that open that area and you are good to go, just make sure the unit is unplugged ! Be safe and Im glad I could help you;-)
Unfortunatly, those manuals are not available without paying for them, Ive never seen them online for free, the companies make you pay for tech support and its a hefty price tag.
Sorry for that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I ordered the board ... if I have the same problem after I get the new board ... what should I look at?

Im pretty sure we have solved your trouble But write me back when you get the new board installed, I would like to know what happened.
Also if you need more info to do that job Im here;-)
Tech Michael
Tech Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ years exp. repairing all types of home appliances, Computer repair
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you ...
Your very welcome;-)