Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have amana side by side fridge freezer model xrss287bb problem

i have amana side by side fridge freezer model xrss287bb problem sign comes up on display panel thermometer with line through centre and explanation sympal . Have checked all trouble shooting problems inmanual all seems ok not producing ice ????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Hi this is Bryan, so the ref. is working ok right? the problem seems to be no ice ? have you checked temp. in freezer section? is there any frost at all on the back panel inside freezer section?look real good. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes there is ice and freezer is cold i have turned power off to the fridge and turned it back od the thermometer sign has not appeared again ???
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well it sounds like you have a defrost problem, you need to take the rear panel off the freezer section and see how much frost is behind panel, if theres allot you need to take a hair dryer and defrost all the frost out. then put rear cover back on. do you have and know how to use a volt meter? tomorrow if you do we can test to see what your problem is, let me know Bryan