Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have GE profile fridge about 4 years old. The power went

I have GE profile fridge about 4 years old. The power went out a week ago and since then Im having trouble with the ice maker. I noticed today that the tube that feeds the cube tray was frozen so I thawed it out completly. Ist been about three hours and the tube is frozen again. The water in the cube making part is not frozen yet. The temp of the freezer is at 6 degrees. Do I need to de-frost and start over??? Thanks, Mark
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
this site is closing for maintenace but I'll be back on later and will help you then, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi , today the cube tray is frozen solid also the tube that feeds the water to the cube tray is still frozen solid. Please help if you can> Thanks Mark F.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I believe your valve is probably sticking open a little bit after putting water in ice maker. this water is dripping down and freezing in your tube this can build up fast in tube and freeze. also make sure the cup on back of ice maker where tube goes in isnt frozen and making the tube back up water into tube , I would remove ice maker and run the cup under hot water to make sure its clear. let me know Bryan