Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a 14 year old GE wall oven model #JTP10GP and am getting

Customer Question

I have a 14 year old GE wall oven model #JTP10GP and am getting an F2 error code. I have turned off power overnight and still get the F2 error code.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob Schauer replied 8 years ago.
Hi, my name isXXXXX have some information I found in a data base and you can use it to see if it will correct your problem. This is the quote that I copied:

"l If the time display flashes "F-" and a number, you have function error code.

Press the CLEAR/OFF pad. Allow oven to cool for one hour. If the failure code

repeats,disconnect all power to the range. Then try turning it back on." If this doesn't work then please get back to me. If it does and you feel that I have been helpful, please leave positive feedback and thank you for using JustAnswer. Bob

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Bob, My manual told me that much so sorry your answer was not helpful. I did say in my question that I had already done this (turned power off to oven and tried it again).

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
hi, this is Bryan , let me see if I can find code for you and what to do , thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you probably have a bad oven temperature sensor , at least thats what its pointing at. heres codes for your oven.
F0 or F1 Failed transistor in controlIf code cannot be cancelled, replace the Electronic Range Control (ERC) or touch pad
F2Oven over temp - exceeded 590F with door in unlocked position or 990F with door lockedIf actual temp condition occurred, look for welded relay contacts or high resistance connection or any cause in the oven temperature sensor circuit
F3Open oven temperature sensor circuit Measure oven temperature sensor circuit at oven temperature sensor (should be approx 1100 ohms at room temp); check for cut or pinched wire or loss of contact
F4Shorted oven temperature sensor circuit Same as above; check for melted connector or both leads shorted to ground
F8 Component failure within Electronic Range Control (ERC) effecting temp processing circuitsReplace Electronic Range Control (ERC)
F9 Problem with door lock circuit such as pinched wire between Electronic Range Control (ERC) and door lock switchCheck wiring and test operation of switch
your sensor is at this link. but if I were you I'd call this appliance parts center (link) he's cheaper than most anybody I've worked with. the times are eastrern standard times, dont go by the # XXXXX other site thats there # XXXXX give him your model # XXXXX will do the rest. hope this helps, Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I also knew this information as I found it on the internet as well. I was looking more for someone who may have fixed this erroe code a bunch of times and what they actually did. It may be the sensor as you say but so far what I have researched and today I talked to several local service shops and they say its the electronic control panel most likely. Have you ever repaired this error code ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
No thats not usually possible, you have seem to done your homework but your still probably going to need a part , most of the contacts on the board are sealed but there has been a few times in my twenty + years in this business that I've taken the cover off relays on oven board and found contacts welded together and was able to get them apart and sand a little to clean them up and they worked, the only problem is what caused this to happen .something did and usually its the sensor , but what else can I say, but try if you will.take back off oven where control is and check contacts if you can get cover off without damaging board.the contacts will have black rectangular covers over them. if you can get them off you have a chance to repair. best of luck. Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.