Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a top mount Roper refrigerator (model #RT21LMXJX01)

I have a top mount Roper refrigerator (model #RT21LMXJX01) manufactured 05/01. Everything in the refrigerator and freezer is warm. I do not hear the compressor running. I have power because the light is on. I took the front bottom grate off and saw the fins covered with dust. I vaccuumed this off. Is there a reset button?
no theres no reset button, its sound like you may have one of two problems . first off can you hear thje fan running in freezer section? secound do here a clicking or buzzing comming from behind ref.? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I do not hear the fan running in the freezer section.

I do not hear a clicking or buzzing sound coming from behind. I took the rear bottom cover that is made from cardboard off. The fan is not moving.

ok you may have a bad cold control , do you have a volt meter? do tou how to use one? let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I have a neon circuit tester/voltage tester. Is this what you mean?

that wont really work for what I need you to do, let me check where your defrost timer is ,it may be stuck in defrost, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Okay, I will wait.

Let me know if I need a volt meter. I will see if I can borrow one or I will go buy it.

look under where your controls are as if you were look at cieling and on the right side you will see a hole with a slot to tirn timer with screwdriver turn this and see if ref. comes on, here is a picture of timer so you know what your looking for the picture the little round part at top is what you need to turn thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The fan located near the floor starting running but I did not hear the compressor kick in.
ok give it a little while and see if it comes on. did the fan is freezer start? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

The freezer is freezing ice cubes but the temperature is hovering around 30 degrees.

The refrigerator temperature is hovering around 50-55 degrees.

is the fan in the freezer on now? you may have a bad fan if not. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, the fan in the freezer is running.
well you may have to let this run overnight and check back with me tomorrow and let me know temp. then. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

The fan is still running in the freezer and the temperature is 0 degrees. The refrigerator section is reading 40 degrees. (This is now Tuesday, September 16th).

What part do you think is faulty? Am I on borrowed time?

not really, the freezer temp. is fine, your ref. temp could come down at bit more . all you need to do is adjust ref. section , open vent a little more to let a liitle more air flow into ref. section. I'm not sure which of your controls on this unit opens the vent but put your hand at top where the air comes into ref. section and turn the one that says ref. up or down until you feel more air comming through. 0 is great for freezer 36-38 is good for ref. hope this helps Bryan