Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Maytag/Gemini double electric oven...It is displaying a code

Customer Question

Maytag/Gemini double electric oven...It is displaying a code of F16 and a second one now of F96. Can you help with this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
let me see if I can find code , Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Code f16 and f96 on a maytag double oven
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
these are all the fault codes for maytag Gemini ovens and your code is not on it. I suspect you may have a faulty erc( electronic range control) its just throwing codes out there that mean nothing as far as I can here to see all codes. let me know if site comes up , thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
after looking at codes again could it be pssible that the codes your seeing are F9-6 and F1-6 ? let me know, and did you want me to opt. out and let someone else answer you because you asked for relist before I could get back with my first answer? let me know and I will, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes it looked like those are the right answers. The only problem I see is we hardly ever use the bottom oven. It still looks new and nothing appears to be in the latch. It also says about replaceing the keyboard for the cancel button on the lower oven. Do you replace just one button or that whole panel with all the keys?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
unfortunately you have to replace entire panel sorry , maybe if you try to unplug the ribbon from clock asm. behind the touch pad it will reset and if you don't use the lower oven then it may not return, this is also a good way to make sure the touch pad is bad,turn breaker off and remove front panel(touch pad) and you should see the ribbon comming from touch pad unplug this and set panel back up where it belongs and put breaker back on, if the code comes back with ribbon unplugged then its probably your lock as. plug ribbon back in after and see if it reappears if it does the touch pad is bad, hope this helps thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok, we will give it a try. She is making cookies for work right now and it continues to come up and then she has to reset the clear it and reset the temp. It shuts down the oven when it comes up. It is the F16 code causing it. I will let you know what happens.
Do you have a part number if we had to order the panel?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
if you can get me model # XXXXX can look it up. thanks Bryan