Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

During the spin cycle when the washer is switching between

Customer Question

During the spin cycle when the washer is switching between med and hi speed the clutch thing in the electric motor does not fully engage and continues to try every second making a clunking noise. I tried a different motor and have the same problem. I know it isn't the transmission because it acts the same when it isn't connected to the tranny. Any thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you give me model and make , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Kitchenaid Washer 3 speed

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I seen this before, the timer is sending power to both fast and slow speeds at the same time. how old is this washer? more than likely you need a timer . I'll check timer for you. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
there may be some bad news here, they are saying the timer has been discontinued and no longer available, click here to see timer but they don't have it, I do however know a place you can call that will have re manufactured timers . all new inside you can rty them Monday 9-5 m-f 9-1pm sat. eastern time. appliance parts center 1-800-540-0800 these guys are great at getting things you cant find anywhere . hope this helps Bryan