Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an old Kenmore Gas range #628.3528211. The broiler

I have an old Kenmore Gas range #628.3528211. Th ebroiler will light eventually but the bottem burner in the oven does not. I would like to do good troubleshooting befor ereplacing the ignitor. What should I check and how? Also I have found the part FRIGIDAIRE Igniter, part number:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbut can only find it a few places wonder if I could use Frigidaire Genuine Gas Range Igniter Ignitor(NNN) NNN-NNNNinstead
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
let me check your model # XXXXX be back. how long does it take for broiler to light? have you ever had igniters replaced? even if they glow they need to be replaced every 3-5 years usually, its very hard to test these and I would guess that you do need igniter. I do many of these and know that even if they get red they dont open valve .how much did you see igniter for? they have after market igniters for alot cheaper than originals. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I really did what troubleshooting directions an dif I can make a substitution of parts as aske dinthe original question
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I'm sorry , but what I've told you is what I believe is your problem. if you want to ask someone else I'll opt. out . I'm just not clear on what you want to do. testing the valve is not something recomended the home owner do. if you getting 120 volts to igniters then they may be weak. I'll opt out and let someone else pick up the question. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
But do you know if I can use the other part number?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you cant use the other igniter that you mentioned, click on this link and mon. call these guys they are great and have after market igniter's and he may have one thats allot cheaper but just as good, http://www.apconline.com/ the times are eastern standard times , they can help you right away. thanks Bryan