Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My kenmore model 110.82873100 will not spin. Popular advice

My kenmore model 110.82873100 will not spin. Popular advice points to lid switch or clogged pump but that is not the case. lid switch works fine and water pumps out. it agitates find but just will not spin.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I don't believe your lid switch is bad, I think your drive coupling is broken, tip machine up and see if you see any black rubber on floor. the coupling is located between motor and transmission and I'll include picture of part so you can see what it looks like . most likely its not agitating either you can tell by lifting lid in agitate and see. picture.even if you don't see rubber on floor you can still have bad coupling it may have striped on motor shaft. this one comes with metal on shaft.hers the sit to find it hope this helps Bryan