Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore elite model #596.75523400 it started making

I have a Kenmore elite model #596.75523400 it started making a noise loud buzzing about every 5-8 minutes like a circut is open then closes and shuts off. I have pushed up the ice cube bar turned down the temperture. The noise continues also the ice feels wet not like normal frozen. It is about 4yrs old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you most likely have a bad compressor relay. can you pull ref. out and tell me if noise is comming from back in the bottom? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can I replace this relay my self? When will it fail completly ? How will i know which part it is there is no parts scitsmatic page in the owners manuel.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
let me look up part for you. the problem is you say the ref. is only 4 years old and if it turns out to be the compressor itself its still under warranty I believe, check your manual for sealed system warranty, if you replace this yourself they may try to void your warranty, but if you call for warranty service and its just the relay there going to gharge you for parts and labor its a catch 22. you probably could replace it yourself and try it but if it doesnt take care of the problem dont tell them you touched it at all.trust me .I'll be back soon. Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
this is your relay asm. its easy to replace and you can get it for around $28.00 and try it but beware what i've told you about warranty, it just plugs on the side of compressor, you can go to www.repairclinic.com and buy this. hope this helps BryanPart(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sorry the part # XXXXX 1159182 on that site thanks Bryan