Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag self cleaning overn model CWE9000ACB, series

I have a Maytag self cleaning overn model CWE9000ACB, series 12. Last night while I was self cleaning it, the operation stopped after about an hour and the LCD screen said I had an F -2 error. I hit reset, but after a few seconds I got the beep, beep again. So I tripped the breaker for an hour and the oven appeared to work OK for about an hour before the beep beep and the F-2 message came back. What should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
let me check that code for you,this is the code for your oven it means it overheated
F2Oven too hotReplace relay board (if present) or bad oven temperature sensor
more than likely its the oven sensor, but as it says it could be relay board. Part 1364this is your sensor its only $36.00 and I would try this first. I'll get you info on where to buy when I'm done with dinner. thanks Bryan