Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17years

my kenmore dishwasher stopped working during a wash cycle.

Customer Question

my kenmore dishwasher stopped working during a wash cycle. there is still water at the bottom of the unit. all LED light buttons are off. I turned power on and off at the breaker. the thing just sits there.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Brian replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you please provide model number? It is important to be accurate when recording it.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Kenmore Elite model # XXXXX type 577-0
Expert:  Brian replied 8 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

There is a thermal fuse mounted to the bottom of the control board. This is the first part that I would check; It should show continuity. If the part is good then I would check the control board. To do this you will need the wiring diagram that is located behind the access panel.

If you need further help or clarification on this answer, please do not hesitate to reply to this post.

Thanks for asking your question at Just Answer.

Best of Luck, Brian

Please leave feedback at your convenience.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
so it cost me $17 to find out there is no easy reset and that I need a professional technician to look into the guts of the control board.

I want the $17 fee waived, please.
Expert:  Brian replied 8 years ago.

You have not paid anything yet and I never asked that you do. You would have to accept my answer first, for the funds to transfer, and this would only be done if you are satisfied with the answer you received.

You asked what the problem could be and I told you with an appropriate answer. I can explain how to test this part yourself, if you choose, or you can hire a technician to do it for you; that is your choice.

But, I would like to say that I provided you with an answer that would have had cost you $75.00 for a technician to come out and diagnose the problem. So in the end you saved money, whether you decide to accept or not. It is ultimately your choice how you want to proceed.

Have a good day.

If you made a deposit and would like it refunded, please send an email to: http:[email protected]. I will ask for your question to be closed, so that you will not get email prompts to accept the answer.