Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have about a 10 year old Hot Point washer. I need to remove

I have about a 10 year old Hot Point washer. I need to remove the timer knob assembly and can't find the clip I'm supposed to pull out for the removal. I'd appreciate your help in finding this clip.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
if you take a flshlight and look right behind the knob you can see a little plastic clis you have to pull it out. its kinda hard to see and even harder to get hold of. this is what it looks like hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have looked behing the knob but I can't see anything that looks like a plastic clip. Also, does it pull all the way out or just partially out?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
did you get the picture of the knob I sent? it pulls right out all the way.if you send me model # XXXXX'll make sure this is your asm. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The model # XXXXX XXXXX Also, when I look behind the knob I can a part where it looks like a metal band goes around and narrows down on each end where it meets. Is this the area where the clip is? Is the clip usually clear or is it dark? I appreciate your patience, Bryan.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

that is your timer knob asm. here is two views of it click here to look at all your parts but it has to have this clip it the only one I show for it . thanks Bryan