Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my dishwasher will not do anything

model du1100xtpba
serial fu2005263
I bought this 5/31/07. when I shut the door my fingers pushed some buttons. The pots and pans lights are blinking. Soak and scour light is on and the two hour light is blinking. I have tried turning the power off, pushing the cancel button. pushing the start button. It will not run or anything, just blinking lights for two days. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
sound like you need a control board , we do allot of these , there was a problem between the heater and board that was a mismatch and it burns out the board, check your heater in bottom of inside tub and see if there are any burn marks, this is the board you will need , you can call appliance parts center at 1-800-540-0800 m-f 9-1pm and sat.9-1 eastern time . these guys have the kit if yours take the one with heater and board that come together and they are the cheapest I've found and I buy allot of parts. this board is located under inside door cover and under black cover near top of door , hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is this under warranty?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
if you push them enough they may send you the parts, I know people who have , but I think you only had a year warranty but if you insist they may. try that first, whirlpool is aware of the problem, hope this helps , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thankyou very much for the advice.Customer/p>