Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Kenmore HE3 front load washer is leaking. Ideas

It is not the hoses, as I have checked all of them. The leak is coming from underneath the front right side of the machine. The warranty is expired, and I am brave enough to attempt the fix on my own. It has been leaking for a month now, but it was so little that we did not worry about it at first. Now it is leaking about a cupful during a normal load, so the problem is getting worse. It does not start to drip until the full wash cycle is well underway. There are no visible signs of seal damage on the inside of the door, even if gently pulling/exporing on the bottom section of the seal area.
check your front boot between door and tub on the right side, see if there are any tears or holes in it , I had to replace one of these a month ago and the lady had same problem. this is the second time she's had the same problem, let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks. You were right on the mark. I have removed the boot and I am confident I can put the new one on in reverse. The only thing now is where to get a new boot. I will likely order on line as I live in a fairly remote area, and dont trust the nearest Sears dealer. Ideas?
sure call 1-800-540-0800 appliance parts center m-f 9-6 pm sat 9-eastern time, these guys are great they ship right then and you will have usually in two days best prices I've found around too! thanks for using just answer, and please leave some feedback. its appreciated thanks again Bryan