Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Sorry, but let me correct my request. I have a GE cabinet microwave,

Sorry, but let me correct my request. I have a GE cabinet microwave, model number JE1860SB 001. Tonight using it, and heating for about 17 minutes, it shut down and went black. I guess it may have overheated. Is there a reset or something I can do to revive it? I checked the circuit breaker and that was OK. So what is difference between the answer options?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
these microwaves have an internal fuse thats probably what went bad on you. this can be caused by a number of things including power outages which can make fuse weak if it happens enough but also could be a deeper cause like bad magnitron or transformer in microwave. I dont realy recomend the home owner trying to repair microwaves because there are hidden dangers in these . the capacitor can store large charge even if microwave is unplugged. there is also a thermal fuse in these that can cause same problem. I will look up your model and see if the fuse is easy access. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I guess I'm waiting for your answer on the fuse.
Also, I had clicked on $9 rather than $15 because this is my first time and I'm not sure what to expect.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
here is a breakdown diagram of you microwave the fuse is part # XXXXX on this diagram. its near the top behind control panel but please unplug microwave if your going to attempt replacement yourself. this will be either white or gray usually, let me know if theres anything else I can help you with, thanks Bryan , ok just got your post , didnt see anyone else on answer just accept first replys answer and let this one time out , hope this helps also, thanks again Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I plan to accept, and I thank a1speedyappliance for his info. But I did select the $9 option which may have changed when I went back to correct the info I had typed in.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I don't understand the box that came up with a balance of $6. I accept the $9.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
thanks for using just answer, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So what is the charge? It should be $9. not $15.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
just let this one time out and pay the $9.00 to other expert. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm still waiting for correction of the charge amount. I think when I went back to correct the model number or whatever the charge changed and I didn't notice it, I wasn't looking back up the page. I want aispeedyappliance to be paid, but only the $9 I originally contracted for. And there were not two questions but only one. I think the problem is that the system did not allow for an answer/correction. Customer
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

I realy appreciate you wanting to pay me I but I dont think you can , dont worry about it no problem, thank you Bryan, p.s. isf you have a problem in the future you can request me for answer. if you wish, thanks again , Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.