Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, my JSP42 GE burners & oven dont work. Isnt locked, sabbath

Customer Question

Hi, my JSP42 GE burners & oven don't work. Isn't locked, sabbath or celsius. All LEDs flash for a moment then all LEDs are blank.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
let me check your model # XXXXX Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I bielieve you have a short or burnt wire in this oven , do you know how to use a meter and do you have one? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Byron, thank you for the reply. It was in fact a short on one of the three phase wires at the plug that had some visible burning. Some sandpaper appears to have fixed the problem. Let me know if you suggest anything more to ensure no electrical fire is likely again. Should I try to tighten the wedge metal inside the female plug? -it feels a bit loose

Regards, Eric
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
yes you want to make sure all electrical connections are tight. sometimes these spades get spred apart from unpluging and repluging. make sure breaker is off first!! if it still feels loose replace it if you can its not good for range electronics. good luck and thanks Bryan