Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

The icemaker on my GE Monogram refrigerator stopped making

Customer Question

The icemaker on my GE Monogram refrigerator stopped making ice. The green light is on and water to the door dispenser is working normally. Any ideas
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob Schauer replied 5 years ago.
How cold is it in the freezer? Does you ice maker have a little arm that reaches into the ice bin? If yes what position is it in? Please answer these questions and we see what we can do to help you solve your problem. Bob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the freezer is at 4 degrees and the arm is out into the bin
I believe that the arm is moved up or down. In the down position it will measure the amount of ice in the bin and if it senses a low amount then it will allow the ice maker to cycle. If the are is in the up position then it will keep the harvest cycle from happening. Can you verify which position it is in?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, the arm moves left or right and is spring-loaded to the right (into the bin) so that as the bin fills it moves the arm left to stop ice making process

It must be a newer design that I am not familiar with. If you could get some information on what model of the refrig/freezer and also one for the ice maker then I can do some research and get back to you. Bob

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there in lies part of the problem. I cannot find any model # XXXXX on this fridge and I have looked over the entire inside, kick plate etc. and no #. It is a GE monogram side by side "48 x"72 with in-door ice and water dispenser ( 6 years old) no #s on the icemaker either.
I am sorry, I will have to opt out as I don't have experience with this equipment and no way to research information without model number. I will turn this back to the open question area and maybe one of the other guys can help you. Bob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks Bob, sorry I couldn't be more specific
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
didn't get any help with the problem. skip it
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
is this your ice maker? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=if it is this may be bad but I would check and see if it is turning before replacing. see if the fingers are going around ,if they are it may be this.Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is the ice and water valve. it has two sides this could also be the problem. do you have a volt meter? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that is the icemaker but it is not turning but I do not have the ice and h2o valve in the bottom pic and no visible voltmeter so you haven't helped at all
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well i'm trying to determine whats going on. if the ice maker is not turning and the green light is on you need to replace the ice maker. we replace allot of these. heres a sight to get it if you dont have a supply house near you , http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=b3a4i1399596&PartID=1399596 , thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.