Chuck G.
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field

i have a Frigidaire electric range, model #FEFL78CQA. Everything

Customer Question

i have a Frigidaire electric range, model #FEFL78CQA. Everything works, except the bake and broil functions. It is self cleaning ...when I try the self-cleaning option, nothing happens. What could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 8 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for using justanswer for your appliance questions!

I traced the wiring for your model. If the bake and broil elements both quit working at the same time, There can be a couple of things that will cause this. Possibly a burnt off wire that feeds the control. Or the control is bad. Attached is a wiring diagram. See the section where the bake and broil elements are wired directly to the control. If you push the control and the control does not respond, change the control.

Hope this helps!
Let me know if you need more assistance or if you have any questions.
Thank you for using
Chuck G.
Please " ACCEPT " when your question has been completely answered so I may be compensated. Please take a moment to log into the feedback section.
Positive Feedback is very important, That is how we get rated! Bonuses are appreciated!