The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

Hello, The convection oven on our Bosch range will not heat

Customer Question

Hello, The convection oven on our Bosch range will not heat up over 325 even when it is set on 425. It alson will take 45 min to get to 325. We have had sensors, both upper and lower circuit boards replaced. Nothing has helped. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX ([email protected])
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

Hi Tom;

If this is a 220 volt U.S. domestic model then you may have lost one leg of the electrical system.

Basicly it amounts to the same condition known as "single phasing".

If you have had a tech out to replace these componants then you need to call them back and tell them to get back out there and fix it right. There is absolutly no reason that they should be leaving your unit in this condition. Especially if you are paying out of pocket for this!

I am sure that this is not what you wanted to hear, but it is the only honest answer there is. I, unfortunatly have no control over some of the answers that I must give.
I would appreciate it if you would honor the time I have put into researching, and answering your question by clicking on the accept button.

Thank you.

Best regards; The Home Smithy