Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

hi i have a gas dryer model ggw9200lw1, ser MP2209674- we have

Customer Question

hi i have a gas dryer model ggw9200lw1, ser MP2209674- we have just moved & we had an approved gas service person hook up the gas supply - the dryer is not drying the clothes completely as it was before the move - i have watched the cycle & it appears that it cuts off & stopps before the end of the cycle & it doesnt matter what cycle it is on heavy duty , normal etc.when it stops it beeps continuously with all lights flashing- can you suggest any help Thanks Steve Hoy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
let me check model, did you have them check venting when they hook it up? also is this l.p. or natural gas. ? and what kind of gas did you have before?let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it is a natural gas machine & i had natural gas before i did clean out the vent as far as i could during hook up ,it does get warm but as i said before the machine stops after a while
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

would you suggest using it for one cycle without the venting hooked up to see if the vent is blocked - as the vent was pretty dirty in the section i cleaned !!

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
yes . but this being gas I would make sure you have a window open nearby while trying this. can you put the vent hose out a window to try this?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

the machine is in the laundry room next to a walk out basement

i could open the door for the basement & use a fan to blow the exhaust out the basement door

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
that would work but dont keep using it that way after you test it, just clean or replace vent. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

as i cant smell & my wife is at work i think i would prefer to do this when she is home this evening i will let you know what the outcome is

Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok. no problem, thanks Bryan