Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Bosch washing machine WOK 2001, left by last homeowners.

Customer Question

I have a Bosch washing machine WOK 2001, left by last homeowners. It has started to make a very loud noise when spindrying and is evacuating water from a grid on the top back of the machine. I followed instructions to see if there was anything in the pump by opening the flap (bottom left), emptying machine of a little water, and then unscrewing the cap on the pump. All I managed to unscrew was the top black part of the cap, but the inner white plug isn't coming out with it as the drawing in my instructions seems to suggest it should. As a result I can't get into the pump at all to clean it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
let me see if I can find info on this. I'm not sure if this is a pump problem or maybe a rear bearing and tub seal, I'll be back Bryan,
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok not sure if i'm supposed to click anything on your reply so am doing it this way
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
thats ok I'm working on your problem, did you get the model # XXXXX the tag on machine? there should be model and serial # XXXXX a tag somewhere on machine can you look there may be more numbers somewhere on this. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
can't find a tag on machine but have decided to buy a new machine as i'm sure you're right and its a cog of some sort - not worth having repaired as I think the machine must be at least 6 years old and if one thing's gone wrong, from my experience, it's just the start. If you come up with anything let me know. Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
i agree with you, sorry it took so long to reply. had to go to jury duty this morning and then work all day, just got home its 7:30pm here. long day . if you cant find tag we cant go further anyway. you dont have to hit accept just let it time out. thanks again and good luck Bryan