Glenn, Mechanic
Experience:  over 30 years as a maintenance technician I have repaired many an Appliance I am also an electrician

We just bought a French Door Refrigerator--Model PFSS5NJXSS.

Customer Question

We just bought a French Door Refrigerator--Model: PFSS5NJXSS. The refrigerator which this new one is replacing did not have an icemaker or a water dispenser, but the copper tubin is still in place behind the fridge--unattached. I believe I have located the valve, under the kitchen sink cabinet whichh is supplying the water feed to the copper tube. This supply has a valve which is now off. I'm not sure if the other end, behind the fridge is just crimped off, or welded shut. I would like to be able to attach and turn on the water supply to the fridge myself, without hiring a plumber, as it seems that most of the hard work has been done. How do I proceed? What exactly is involved in connecting the copper piping to the fridge.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Glenn replied 8 years ago.

You can go to any home improvement store and get a simple easy to use install kit
These are very to use and comre with simple instructions