Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

my maytag neptune does not go into spin cycle

Hi, thanks for using If you take the cover off of the timer console, does your control board look like the one in the picture below, with the burn marks?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes it does took me a couple minutes had to take cover off also to tell you it will not lock the door also
Okay, there is a fix for the board if you feel like you are able to desloder and solder components onto that board. If you don't want to try to fix the board, you will need to replace it and the wax motor that locks the door. The board runs about $200.00 and the wax motor about $15.00, which way do you want to go?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
would probably buy the board and wax motor
Okay, the board is part number 22002989 and the wax motor is 12002535. These are available at or from your local parts retailer.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
could please tell me what would happen if i tried to fix the board
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
board should be straight forward please tell me were the wax motor is and how to replace
Oh, sorry! The wax motor sits under the top and in the lock assembly at the front of the machine where the door latch goes in to. You will have to remove the 4 screws from the front panel when you open the door. That will allow the door and front panel to be removed. Next, you will have to remove a 5/16" screws from each side of the top to allow the top to hinge up. You will also have to remove the dispenser bezel, 4 phillips screws, 1 in each corner. Once you hinge the lid up, the wax motor is right in front in the center. The new motor will come with really good specific instructions that are very easy to follow. You won't have any trouble. If you run in to a snag, please let me know.