Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Whirlpool washing machine, (Duet model #GHW9150PWO)

I have a Whirlpool washing machine, (Duet model #GHW9150PWO) and all that it is doing is on the readout, it reads 8:88. There are no troubleshooting codes. I emptied the drain to the pump, held in the reset for three seconds, unplugged it for at least 1/2 hour, turned off the circuit breaker, all with no help.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. So, just to verify, this 8:88 will not cancel out if you press cancel?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

The 8:88 seems dim and it doesn't matter what buttons I push, it won't reset or cancel out.

Okay, you have a faulty machine control. The part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand it is part # XXXXX in the attached diagram. It is available at http://www.myapplianceparts.com/ or from your local parts retailer. It is accessed by removing the three T15 torx screws from the rear of the top cover. Slide the top towards the back about 3/4" and it will lift off. The machine control is mounted at the rear of the machine on the brace.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I will try this part tomorrow. I hope this is the problem

You should have no worries....this is a common failure.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
That was it. Thanks much

Thank you for the update...good job! I am glad it worked for you, take care.