Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Gas dryer runs, but doesnt heat up

My Wirlpool gas dryer (model LGR7646EQ1) tumbles, but it won't get hot. Shortly after it starts I hear that little "click" sound that usually precedes the sound of hot hair blowing, but no hot air. This happened just a few months ago and a new thermal fuse fixed it, but I bypassed the fuse and it still won't get hot. What should I try next??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. If you are hearing the "click", the thermal fuse is okay. Can you see if the ignitor glows? If not, it needs to be replaced. If it does, you will need to replace the coils.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Where do I look to see if it glows? Are both those parts pretty easy to install? I'm no appliance expert, but I'm good at wrenching and know enough about electronics to customize the wiring on my motorcycle.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I do see a glow. Looks like coils. How many are there to replace? Would you have a specific part number? Easy to install?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

There are two coils and they come in a kit, part number 279834. They are held on by one small phillips screw and very easy to install. They are located on the same assembly as the ignitor is...