The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

my washing machine wont empty, ive check the filter and this

my washing machine won't empty, ive check the filter and this is fine.it also keeps foaming up, once i looked at it and emptied the water out via the filter, it worked but now its stopped again. its now not making any noice to indicate its on either
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 6 years ago.

Hi everyonesanglexx;

What is the make and model number of your unit, please?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Its hotpoint WF321. today i had another look, as its very frastrating not having a washing machine and especially as it is only 2 months old. I had a look if i could get to the waste pipe but obviously this was much to complecated 4 little old me lol, but i took the waste pipe out of the pipe that goes to the drain and shook it just to c if there was anything there blocking the water nothing happened until i lowered it outside the back door then all the water came flowing through, so there cant even be a blockage, now im baffled and really do not know what it might be. they said they'd come out thrursday to have a look but i cant wait i have a huge fanily and the washing is coming out my ears :) x em's x

If the washer is only 3 months old then it is still under warrent. Any work you do on it will void that warrenty.

I understand your laundry plight but I do not recommend you try anything except what is recommended in the users manual. Of course that isnt going to solve anything.

At least be glad that you are not waiting for servive from Sears. They usualy take about 2-3 weeks to show up.

Also this seems to be an emerging trend with these units. So far you are the third person with this problem, or one closely related to it.

If this answer satisfies your question please click the accept button. I will not be paid if you dont.
You can always ask follow up questions after you accept. I will be here to answer them.
If for some reason you are not happy. Please tell me before you accept.
Feedback is how we make sure we provide the best answers available.
Please click on the "Leave Feedback" link after you have accepted. A simple "good job" is all it takes.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances