Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How do I relevel a dishwasher Maytag wu702. 20 years old.

Customer Question

How do I relevel a dishwasher? Maytag wu702. 20 years old. The door was already a little ajar hitting on the left side as I face it. I had to replace the belt and figured I would try a fix that while I had the bottom plates off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. Make sure you lube the belt with the poly lube that came with it or it will wear fast and be noisy. Now on to level..

There is a leg in each corner that will unscrew to raise the dishwasher. They can be hard to turn, so I would squirt a little WD-40 on the threads to ease in adjusting them. That should do the trick!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what about the feet in the back they are adjustable with the screw head behind the screw feet in the front.
Yes I disconnected the water connection and pulled out the machine to clean out the mouse mess. I have pushed it back and tried to level with just the from screw feet. Iput a wedge of wood under the corner to be able to turn the screw feet. not matter what way I turn the feet the door still is ajar. rubbinf on the lrft side when I close it. I have tried measuring up from the floor. down from the counter top. Which I found is crooked. What els can I do?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
Are you sure the dishwasher is pulled out far enough to clear the cabinet edges? You might try lining up the old screw holes in the bottom of the countertop.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
did you even read my reply?
The plastic filler plate the attaches the dishwasher to the counter is broked in 4 placed because it could never be installed strighe it holds nothing to anything It in not replaceable.
are you telling me that that is what is suppose to align and square up the dishwasher to the door doesn't rub on the left side when I open and close it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

You didn't mention the plastic piece at all in your reply...

The feet basically align everything. The plastic piece is there to secure it to the cabinet so it wil not tip. You need to adjust the feet until it is propely positioned.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What about the feet in the back? do they have anything to do with the leveling? I know that the plastic panel keep it from tipping I want to stop the door from rubbing on the left side then I open and close it. Is that too much to ask?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
The feet in the back are adjustable by turning the screw that is connected to a rod that moves the rear legs up and down. Yes, they have to be used to level the machine. You have to use all 4 adjustable legs to get the machine to sit straight and level. You should not have to use wood pieces. I am trying to help you...
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I know how to move the feet in the back. I usw the wooden wedge to allow me to move the feet in the front. My problem is that nothing I am doing is working. Is there a formula? The door always rubs on the left side. My logic says raise the left side and lower the right side will fix it. but it doesn't. This is working with just the front feet. What else can I do?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
Has the door been rubbing or just started when you moved it to clean behind the unit? I know you are getting frustrated, and I am sorry. It is difficult to diagnose without being there and actually seeing the product...
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The door has been rubbing for some time like I said I thought I would do something about it as long as I had the front panels off. The plastic panel has been crooked and probably broken for many years. When I bought the belt from a local part dist. and asked about the plastic panel they were the ones who said how important it was to have the door aligned so it didn't rub.
I figure you do this every day you should be able to visualize.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
I am going to opt out...good luck.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Well you "expert " didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. He just gave up. He can't visualize my problem. Do you have anyone that can?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
Have a nice day.Laughing
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Where is my refund
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX How does that answer my question?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
I have opted out, you no longer need to continue this thread with me. Please do not reply to my post.