Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I want to put a refrigerator and seperate freezer in an unheated

I want to put a refrigerator and seperate freezer in an unheated and unairconditioned outbuilding near St Louis Missouri. I have been told by sales people that it is not recommended and can void warranties etc.   They cannot tell me why. I need a good answer on this before proceeding. Are there any refrigerators or freezers that are designed for this use?
well they will tell you you will void the warranty because temperature variances can really wreak havoc with electronics and heat can make compressor run to hot. I know allot of people that have them in unheated and uncooled buildings and they run fine if I were you though I'd use something older that has less electronics in it.think about it this way have you ever seen a coke machine outside in the heat and cold? they seem to run fine right? hope this helps Bryan