The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

Are there any GE icemaker repair persons in Houston Texas on

Are there any GE icemaker repair persons in Houston Texas on this website available?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

Im sorry but even if there were we are not allowed to give out our personal contact information. It is against the experts TOS and will get us banned from this site faster than you can say The Great State of Texas.

What I can do is provide you with companies in your area that can handle the repair for you, or help you to do it yourself if you think you can.

Please advise what you would like to do.

Regards; THS

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i prefer to get a recommendation of companies that will not break it off in my ??!! as I am not a do it yourselfer although it appears to be a motor short problem or we may be able to have an economical home depot $83 IE6 model changeout for our CAN10 in the GE Profile Performance side by side refrigerator freezer. Please give me your best source that you think would work in this case for me. Thanks, David

David,

If you can get a unit installed for 85 bucks then go for it. I will look and see who is available to repair the unit for you.

It will take me a bit to get back to you though. My wife just locker herself out of her car and I have to go do my James Bond lock picking impersonation.

Sorry for the hold up.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I can't get it installed ofr 85 only purchase it for 85. not sure it will fit or line up the water and electrical correctly so, I still need to know of the best guys that wont screw us over to repair the GE unit. Thanks , David