Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kitchenaid KSBP25FK side by side refrigerator. I need

I have a Kitchenaid KSBP25FK side by side refrigerator. I need to know how to access the switches behind door panel for ice and water dispenser. Both do not work. I have taken the motor out of the ice dispenser and tested it on the bench - it works. Likewise, the solenoid for the ice works, but I do not hear the water solenoid engage when lever is pushed on door. I cannot figure out how to open the dispenser panel. Any clues???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok this model has a few more #s at the end like ss00, sso1 or sso2. the problem is we need the rest of the model# XXXXX me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
OK - the final #'s are "ss00. Hope that this is what you are looking for.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well yor not going to believe this but I wrote all instuctions out for you and sent it but it erased for some reason , you have to take outside trim off to get at these parts but its snapped on real tight, but the kit you will need to fix your problem comes with new trim piece so dont worry about it. you need the kit #(NNN) NNN-NNNN at it comes with the board thats going to be your problem. they dont sell board seperatly anymore just the kit . order this and you will solve your problem. hope this helps Bryan