Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Roper fridge bought it in 1998. Ice/water on outside

I have a Roper fridge bought it in 1998. Ice/water on outside door (side by side) For the last year the ice builds up underneath the ice compartment. I empty the ice compartment weekly and let the ice on the outside of the compartment melt then put back in the fridge. Somethimes I can hardly open the fridge door cause the ice build up on the bottom/front of the compartment. I have used duct tape to stop the air from coming in the fridge from the spout on the outside of the fridge. That didn't work. the ice still built up. I tried turning the temp down. That didn't work. (And boy did it look funny with all that duct tape on it). Any suggestions??? Hope you can understand what I am asking. Basically, ice freezes on the outside of the ice compartment on the inside of the fridge. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well if your ice shute door isnt closing tightly you will draw in moist air from outside of ref. but I dont think this is your problem if I'm understanding you right. is there a sheet of ice in the bottom of freezer section? if there is you have a defrost drain problem.( not hard to fix either)let me know bryan