Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Im trying to fit panelled doors to an integrated fridge freezer.

Customer Question

I'm trying to fit panelled doors to an integrated fridge freezer. Does the door need to be hinged to the frame or should the door meerly slide on the fittings attached to the panel and the fridge?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
can you give me model # XXXXX'll check ref. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The model is a bulit in fridge freezer JLBIFF 1802 sold by XXXXX XXXXX stores but manufactured by AG Electrolux
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
let me check , does this have the side trim already on doors? are there panels in it now you want to change to diffirent panels? if so I think you can just leave doors on ref. and slide them in . I'll be back shortly. Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no side trim attached
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
so are these custom panels.? do you have trim pieces to hold panels? I cant pull your model # XXXXX can you explain what you have to work with? are these wood door panels ? are they sold to attach to you ref. ? are your doors off now. ? they should be hinged if they are. what do you have to hold panels on? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
they are wood panels the fridge is 53cms wide and the doors ar 60 cms wide (as is the gap). I have some trim which the instructions say i should attach to the wood and some trim which go on the side of the fridge door.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I/ve had a further thought you should be able to view the instructions for the model on www.johnlewis.com
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
let me try site I'll be back. Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I just got to site let me see if I can find instructions, did you buy panels from them also or are they aftermarket? thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well nothing there on how to install panels. I'm afraid I cant help you. did the panels come with instructions? I know you have to attach the side and bottom and top trim pieces by screwing them into side of doors but you need to be careful to line them up right. can you remove doors and lay the panels on top and then place trim on and screw them in while lined up ? that would be my suggestion. thats all I can do to help. thanks Bryan