Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How to remove the door off a Hotpoint Microwave?

I have a counter saver Hotpoint Microwave Model#  R VM125K  004  and the door handle has come loose on it. How do I take the door off to tighten it?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

Usually there is a plastic strip all the way around the door on the inside outer edge ,this snaps off. And you can get at handle screws after strip or trim piece is off. Let me check model but I believe that’s the way you get at screws.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

This seems to be the model you take off outer trim piece. Click on this link and you can bring up diagrams of door. The part you have to remove is part # ***** on diagram. Just get a small screwdriver and put it under trim and pry out easy and it should unstrap all the way around. Be careful though not to break it so it will go back on. and put your model in then go to diagram 178001 and scroll down to see door assembly.