Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My refrigerator trips the GFE switch. I tried to plug other

My refrigerator trips the GFE switch. I tried to plug other small appliances in the same plug and they all work fine. What could be wrong with the refrigerator?
the compressor draws to many amps. to start so the gfi is tripping , have you tried plugging ref. into a none gfi recpticle? does it run? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I tried to plug it in another plug, not GFI and it has been running for 5 minutes. Is the problem the GFI plug?
well not realy , gfi's are made to trip if theres a ground to line problen such as you have your hand in water and pick up a small appliance with wet hans it will trip so you dont get electrcuted. but this also may trip if something is drawing to many amps so it thinks it grounding. depends on how many amp gfi it is. it could be weak though. its like having a weak breaker. does this ref. need to be plugged into this gfi? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

There are 2 other appliances pluged into the GFI circuit. A toaster oven and a coffee maker.

It has been that way for several months.

It does not have to be plugged into the GFI

ok the gfi could be getting weak and tripping easier. i would plug it in somewhere else or you can try changing gfi and see if that takes care of it. hope this helps , please press accept if your happy with reply and please leave feedback, thanks Bryan