Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Kenmore series 80 dryer, 4 yrs old, worked fine until today.

My Kenmore series 80 dryer, 4 yrs old, worked fine until today. Pushed the start button and nothing happened. Flipped the breaker, nothing. Cleaned the vent, nothing. There is no sound at all when I press the start button. Help!
can you give us full model# XXXXX Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

SER MS0101195

ok if the dryer doesnt do anything at all when you press start then you have a bad thermal fuse , its very inexpensive and easy to change. click here and put in part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNand you will see what it looks like , then take back off dryer and on the lower left side you will see this part on blower asm. there will be two wires on it remove wires and one 1/4" screw and replace . you can make sure this is the part thats bad by (make sure you unplug machine first) put the two wires together and tape for a test ,try starting dryer if it starts thats it. dont leave this just tapped together or you could have a fire. you must replace fuse , its a saftey fuse. hope this helps Bryan .please press accept if your happy with answer, and please leave feedback its important, thanks again Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Bryan, neither the part number nor "thermal fuse" produced anything on the website you sent. Are you sure that's the part number?

I found it - just ordered the part.

ok try putting in your model # XXXXX go to bulkhead parts then scroll down to part# XXXXX and click on it , that will work, thanks Bryan