Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I am having problems with my ice dispenser. it is stuck in

I am having problems with my ice dispenser. it is stuck in the crushed ice mode. How can I fix this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
if you can give make and model# XXXXX can look it up Thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it is a kenmore. Model #253.54669409 serial# XXXXX Can I take the cover at the switches off and fix something?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well this probably has a control board , let me check your model I'll be right back. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Okay, thank you! By the way, i have had problems with the freezer coil freezing and had someone come out. They replaced the control board and the thermostat??. This was a few months ago. Is it normal for a two year old refrig to do that?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
yeah they can, unfortunately , the ice dispenser has a board also. click on this link and put in your model and you will see diagrams of your ref. the board is behind dispnser front and I would check it for burns before ordering this. usually they have burns in them where they failed on board. I believe this is what you will find.the board is part# XXXXX on diagram. hope this helps Thanks Bryan