Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher..type 575, model 665-17032403.

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher..type 575, model 665-17032403. It is @ 3 years old. The "clean" light keeps flashing, and it won't let me run any cycles. I've tried the "cancel button, but clean light keeps flashing....What's up...Tim
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I see this allot in these d/w's .you are probably going to have to change the control board. the heater and control board on these machines are missmatched and this causes board to go bad. check and make sure your heater isnt burnt anywhere also. let me know Bryan. try turning off breaker and turning it back on , if this doesnt reset board then you will need a new board.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Heater may have "burnt" area....there is a section that is rough to the feel where the rest is smooth. Is that a "burnt" area? If so how hard is replacing heating element?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well the problem with that is you have to remove machine to get at the plastic nuts that hold heater in. they are underneath in back. once machine is out its easy. click here and put in part # XXXXX thats your control board. and part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNis your heater. if your going to replace one replace the other or this can happen again. hope this helps, please press accept and please leave feedback if you are happy with answer only... thanks again Bryan. p.s. the board is located under door panel. its in a gray box.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Heater may have burnt is rough to the touch where the rest is smooth...If heater element is burnt, ow hard to replace?

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
did you get my last reply? lok above your last one it should be there , thanks Bryan